Great American Short Lines And Regionals
In this 90-minute DVD, you will get an exclusive overview of short line railroads with the American Short Line & Regional Railroad Association, the industry trade group, and industry experts like the president of the American Short Line & Regional Railroad Association and Trains columnist Bill Stephens. The video visits interesting short lines including:
- Iowa Traction, America's last electric freight line.
- SMS Rail Lines, home of the largest collection of Baldwin diesels still in use.
- Rock Island, an iconic Midwestern railroad reborn as a Mississippi short line.
- Reading & Northern, a Northeastern regional powerhouse.
- Everett Railroad, Wisconsin & Southern, Delaware-Lackawanna, Western New York & Pennsylvania, and Pickens.
- Plus quick shots of 30+ short lines and regionals.