Great Train Stations
Go inside passenger terminals in the golden age of rail travel with this new special issue from Classic Trains magazine. This issue explores the enduring beauty of big-city train stations from railroading's golden age. The featured stations include:
- Grand Central Terminal: New York Central's Gotham landmark also hosted New Haven trains.
- Washington Union Station: Trains of the Pennsylvania, B&O, Southern, Atlantic Coast Line, and Seaboard converged at the gateway to the nation's capital.
- Chicago's Stations: Gates to Anywhere: Union, Dearborn, Central, La Salle Street, North Western, and Grand Central provided access to all points on the compass.
- Los Angeles Union Station: Santa Fe, Southern Pacific, and Union Pacific trains served L.A.'s Mission-style masterpiece.
- Cincinnati Union Terminal: David P. Morgan's heartfelt tribute to a great station, and one of America's outstanding Art Deco buildings.
- and more! Includes maps, floor plans, and rare color photos!