Great Model Railroads 2023
Each story in Great Model Railroads 2023 includes a detailed track plan, how-to tips from the experts, and modeling ideas you can use. Featured stories include:
- The Colorado Model Railroad Museum's HO scale model railroad is one of the finest display layouts in the nation. It features 500+ locomotives, 80 scale miles of track, and 28,000 handmade trees!
- Check out the fourth of Brooks Stover's S scale Buffalo Creek & Gauley RR layouts. This layout, designed to make the best possible use of limited space, is set in 1964, the last summer for steam on West Virginia's BC&G.
- Brian Kelly models a free-lanced version of the Chesapeake & Ohio coal branches in southern West Virginia in 1971, the last great year for the C&O prior to the creation of the Chessie System.
- John Callahan's goal in building his 16 x 35-foot HO scale freelance East Berkshire Branch was to replicate the beautiful scenery of the Northeast while creating a miniature railroad empire that looks fantastic and operates prototypically.
- and more covering HO, N, S, O, and Gn3.