Trains Go To War
This special issue takes you behind the scenes of the rail industry as it served major war efforts from the 1860s through the 1960s. This edition includes rare color photos as well as coverage of European and Asian war zones. Stories include:
- CIVIL WAR: When Railroading Went to War.
- WORLD WAR I: Railroads at the Front.
- WORLD WAR II: Military Railway Service in Italy.
- WORLD WAR II: Herr Goebbels Was Wrong.
- KOREAN WAR: Why We Never Stopped the Red Railroads.
- VIETNAM WAR: Railroading Where the Competition is a War.
- and more! This special edition features historical text and photographs to show how America's railroads served in wartime, especially during WWII. Whether you're interested in railroad history, the U.S. military, or both, Trains Go to War offers a riveting look at war from the unique perspective of rail.