Complete Rolling Thunder Receiver with Subwoofer Kit
The speakers in most HO scale locomotives will only reproduce sounds above approximately 600 hertz. The human ear can detect sounds between 20 to 20,000 hertz, and we can feel sounds at even lower frequencies. Many of the sounds real trains make are in the lower frequencies that models cannot reproduce. This is due to the tiny speakers which cannot move enough air. To overcome this shortcoming, Paragon3 incorporates a cutting edge radio transmitter system called Rolling Thunder™ that sends the low frequency sounds to a specially designed receiver and subwoofer under your layout. Since low frequency sounds have a longer wavelength, it is difficult for the human ear to detect the direction of the source. The result is that while the locomotive moves around the layout, you can hear the high frequency sounds coming from the locomotive, and the low frequency sounds from the subwoofer; all perfectly synchronized to the motion of the locomotive and the puffing of the smoke, and your ears will perceive the full array of sound as coming from the model! On a large layout, where a locomotive can be very far from the subwoofer, the Rolling Thunder™ system detects the distance and fades out the subwoofer until the locomotive gets close again, or, if another locomotive is in range, it will connect automatically to the subwoofer and begin playing its sounds at levels appropriate to its distance to the subwoofer. The system consists of the Paragon3 sound system in the locomotive, with its integral Rolling Thunder™ transmitter, a Rolling Thunder™ receiver box under the layout, and a powered subwoofer.
- Rolling Thunder™ receiver works with any Rolling Thunder™ equipped Paragon3 locomotive
- Rolling ThunderTM works with DC or DCC layouts. Just plug it in.
- 25 times more powerful than typical model train sound systems for sounds you can feel
- 2 available transmission frequencies
- to prevent wireless interference
- 29 available channels per frequency
- for additional wireless interference prevention
- Actual sounds of each locomotive play through subwoofer
- Subwoofer sounds are perfectly synchronized to the locomotive movement, sound effects and smoke, if applicable
- Subwoofer frequency response range from 20 to 600 Hz
- Subwoofer size 15.75 x 17.75 x 8.25 inches
- 8 inch polycarbonate cone
- Subwoofer volume goes to 11